The Narrow Pathway

The story of a journey with Jesus Christ down the Narrow Pathway of life, a time of sharing in my studies, my enlightenment, my wonder, awe and yes, even my failures.

Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC

Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Prayer for Renewal

Father;

I praise you and thank you for a weekend of wonder, awe and renewal. Your Spirit was so active among us this weekend that we should fall to our knees and thank you for the blessings you gave.

I thank you for the Word you gave us during the men's conference. The Spirit was strong and we pray will have great impact in the lives of the men of our church.

I thank you for the life of JJ Weaver. Father I belief you held that young life up before this church to unify us, to make us aware of our place in your plan, and to show us what the Body should be.

Father the blessings of these two events, and the seeds you have began to plant with our missions are truly gifts that we must thank you for.

Father my prayer is that now that these seeds have been planted, you will find a church of men and women who will care for them, water, cultivate, and grow them for your Kingdom. Father, I pray that this is the beginning of a renewal and revival in our church and of the unity of the Body, the true Church of Jesus Christ. May we, father, set aside our lives, and make ourselves completely available to you. May we be united with one purpose only, to further your Kingdom.

As my church enters into an exciting but dangerous time of growth Father, I pray your blessings on us. I pray that the Spirit will work in all of us to keep the enemy at bay, knowing Father, that he will attempt to delay our tasks and break our unity.

Be with our Pastor, our staff and our lay leasdership, and Father keep us strong in the Spirit so our work will honor you. Let us never forget the sacrifice you made on our behalf, the life of your Son, Jesus Christ, in whose name I offer this prayer.

Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home