The Narrow Pathway

The story of a journey with Jesus Christ down the Narrow Pathway of life, a time of sharing in my studies, my enlightenment, my wonder, awe and yes, even my failures.

Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Power of One Small Life

Today, I witnessed a Church united, being together as one. The miracle of this is it wasn't the result of man's efforts; no program did it, no sermon, no event, no anything.

Today I witnessed the awesome power of God. I saw how the wonder of His work can bring grown men to tears and gather a group together as one without any issue to be discussed or decision to be made.

As I looked around the church, I saw for the first time I can remember, complete and total unity of everyone present. I saw children, teens, adults of every age come together with absolutley nothing in mind except to support one small boy and his family, and to praise God for his life, and to commit to God our care and support for him.

Today, J J Weaver was dedicated by his family and his church, to the Lord. It was an unbelievably moving and renewing moment. As a father of six, I can't imagine what the Weavers have been through. I find it rough when one of my children has a cold or the flu. I tried to place my self in their shoes, but I can't.

We all know that our God works in ways that will remain a mystery to us until we are home with Him. Throughout JJ's illness I have tried to find the will of God in it, have tried to make sense of it in an eternal way. I simply lack the ability to look into eternity and see God's complete plan, as do we all.

But today, I think I can say that I have a peace about this little life that I didn't have before. Now, what I am about to say may or may not be what God has done in this life, or it may be just a part of what He has accomplished. But if JJ Weaver goes home to be with the Lord tonight, I saw something accomplished in his life that could only be the work of our Lord.

JJ Weaver and his parents unified First Baptist Church Huntersville. OK, maybe only for a short time, maybe only in one aspect, but we were unified. And in God's perfect providence, at a time we really need it.

As our church embarks on a journey of growth and strives to reach out in new mission ways, we desperately need to be unified. It requires great unity of the Body to carry out great undertakings. In Nehemiah we find " And it came to pass from that time forth, That half of my servants wrought in the work, and the other half of them held both the spears, the shields, and the bows, and the habergeons; and the rulers were behind all the house of Judah" Ne 4:16, and "Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour" Ec 4:9

A unified church is stronger and has added power in their prayers, "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven" Mt 18:19

So, my prayer for the Weaver's is not only for a miracle so that JJ might survive his earthly disease. My added prayer is that they will be comforted by the knowledge that God has held their son up, and so deeply affected our church. He has used JJ to show us that we can come together as one, lay aside our lives, and be the Body He desires us to be.

Peace and assurance be with the Weavers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home